Who Are We?
In keeping with our liberal, English tradition, North Adelaide Baptist is an open church. We seek a faith that is intelligent and informed and we strive to be an inclusive community.
Another way of putting that is that we continually endeavour to be a safe place where...
- You are free to explore your own sense of the divine presence through word, music, silence and symbol;
- You will not be told what you ought to believe;
- You will encounter preaching that is relevant, topical and contemporary, and which takes seriously the insights of critical scholarship and our (post)modern world;
- You will be encouraged to be open to new possibilities and perspectives;
- You will experience the beauty of traditional church architecture, music and liturgy;
- You will be welcomed without qualification or judgment and without ulterior motive.
What you will not find is:
- Narrow-minded and rigid dogmatism;
- A literal interpretation of the Bible;
- An image of the divine that is paternalistic, militaristic, judgmental, interventionist or exclusively masculine.